Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Copycatting

I'm a huge fan of the Knitmore Girls podcast. I thought it was cute that Gigi will knit through all of the patterns in a book. I'm so easily distracted by all of the free new things that come up every day that sometimes I can't even concentrate on what I'm doing right now. However, I'm really considering the Gigi way. I've already discussed Inspired Cable Knits and will probably make alot of the projects in it. But then - have you seen the new French Girl Knits? Holy cow! Seriously, I want to make everything in it. If you're at all interested in romantic, elegant, bohemian chic then you must see this book. Actually, the patterns are so pretty that almost any style would work with it. It's also one of the books that lists the size of yarn used, not the exact yarn and makes you find what weight it is to sub it out. I much prefer the yarn listed as " x many yards of worsted weight, we used such-and-such". So go look at this book.
Do you listen to KnitTherapy? She mentions me in the latest episode. She has to have surgery again, so please pray for her!
No pictures again. Sorry. I don't have much to show right now but I'm working on some things and I saw a tripod at Dollar Tree that will alleviate the shaky hand problem.
Have a happy day!

No comments: