Sunday, January 18, 2009

A New Addiction

I have a new favorite thing that I wanted to share. When the boy child was a baby - about 9 years ago - I met with a lady from India who sells clothing out of her home. I bought a pashmina - a large shawl made of Himalayan cashmere. I never wore it because I didn't want to mess it up. I wrapped up in it recently since it's been so fracking cold and now I don't want to live without it. I found a few on ebay that are smaller and a bit thinner - nice but not exactly what I want. Of course, the ebay ones are a ton cheaper. I'm on the lookout for a couple more great big ones - four feet by six feet at least. While I'm looking I'll evjoy what I have and hope that you all get to wrap up in one. Don't think that I'm not still loving my handmade ones, though - I have a big crocheted stole on my chair for chill emergencies. As long as it's super cold out I'll be wrapped in something snuggly and hope you are, too.

I've finished my first House Cup assignment of this term - a patronus against seasonal depresson. What do you think? It's the tubey I'd planned made out of Simply Soft. It's not perfect but I like it.

2 comments:

Jen said...

The Tubey is very pretty. I love the color. :)

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Looks great! :) Nice work!