Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Birthday to me

I had a pretty great birthday. My Jenny had a cake for me - chocolate with a ball of icing yarn on top. It's so cute! And tasty, I must say. And she got me a book called Natural Dyeing. It's about dyeing yarn using plants and roots and such - very cool. I have some ideas brewing, that's for sure.
My Eric got me speakers for my ipod. Yay! Now I can listen to podcasts and music in the kitchen and not worry about dropping it in the food or dishwater. (yes, I have a dishwasher, but I kind of enjoy washing by hand. It's somehow relaxing.)
I watched Order of the Phoenix again and noticed that the house sweaters are black. (I'm slow sometimes) I think it's Cho who wears a black house cardi. I'm aching to make one - black, cardi, Ravenclaw - it's so me! I need to find a pattern and get to work.
I did get some blue and grey yarn, too. I have enough for two sweaters. One is blue with a grey stripe in Red Heart, and the other will be the opposite, grey with a blue stripe, in Simply Soft. So, yes, I'll be having another WIP.
Mom ordered me some yarn as a gift. It's the Patternworks house brand with alpaca. It's not in yet, though. She ordered me a bag of purple - it was on sale really cheap. I'll have a bunch of purple sweaters.
Craftster has been kind of same-old lately, but I was looking at the crochet section and found a great cowl-neck sweater. The poster got the pattern from Lion Brand's website. I printed it out because it's really cute and I love the ribbed look. I'm going to have a huge sweater wardrobe soon. I think it's so cool that we knitters and crocheters can conceivably make everything we wear. If I was a better sewer I'd never have to buy anything but raw materials. Wouldn't that be great?

1 comment:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Oh, happy belated birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you had a great one and many cool things! :)