Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lawn Art

The other day Eric and I were sitting quietly and watching Dalek, an episode of Doctor Who from 2005. After a few minutes I told him about sites that tell how to make daleks and how people take them to conventions and then it hit me - how about a couple of daleks in the yard? Wouldn't they be great? I would especially love it if they could keep the neighbor's dog from using our lawn as a potty - and other people's children from walking through thinking it's okay to get from their house to Kmart or Shake Shack without asking (I don't like strangers in the back yard while my girl is in the pool or something). Needless to say, he wasn't as excited about the idea as I was. Maybe I'll just build a dalek with a cupboard bottom for kitchen storage - and add some sort of lights to make it more fun and scifi. Or maybe I'll just make one of those cool dalek dresses so my geekiness can be worn all over the place!

No comments: