Friday, August 1, 2008

Yup, I have a new interest!

So, yesterday, while I was dying my hair, I heard the mail truck stop, shut off, and seconds later a box slide across my porch ( she walks to the steps and slides packages towards the door). Yay, thought me as I reached out to get it. It turned out to be a video that I won on ebay but can't watch yet because it's part two and I need to start with part one. So, I put the video aside and was about to dispose of the package when I looked at the bubble wrap and all of the gears in my brain started turning. I watch all kinds of crafty shows, and one in particular, Uncommon Threads, has alot of felting projects. Bubble wrap is used in wet felting! A quick read on craftster gave me the whole scoop. I got some of my roving out, put down a towel, and with help from the girl child we have this:

These are little squares of felt, made by us! I know, it's a crappy picture, but I'm so excited and wanted to share. The top one is some oceany-inspired roving that I'm sure I won't spin, but it worked great for this and has a felty future. The bottom one is mostly Khloe - she picked out the colors and did alot of the work. Her favorite part, of course, is squirting the soapy water on, but she did great all around. Where does she get her craftiness?

I know what you're thinking. "How on earth will you balance all of your hobbies, kids, housework, etc?" Oh, ha ha ha! Surely you jest! Balance has no place in my life - except for a couple of yoga poses and climbing the ladder to the pool, but you know what I mean. Eventually everything will fall into place.

No comments: