Monday, September 29, 2014

Zinnia Medallion

I recently finished this crochet project. The pattern is from the June 1949 issue of the Workbasket magazine. According to the pattern, the idea is to make a bunch of them to use as a table runner or bedspread.
I, however, am using it as part of a project from the Spring/Summer 1970 issue of McCall's Needlework and Craft magazine that I will share with you later - when it's finished. When I was cleaning after this latest basement flood I discovered that I have accumulated almost thirty skeins of fingering weight black acrylic yarn. I would have known this if it had all been in one place! The zinnia is made from some of that black yarn. I could, actually, make a bedspread with the stash I have...but I get a little bored making the same thing over and over again. You'll be seeing a lot of black projects, though! Yes, the doily is attached to a black embroidery hoop. It's not easy spray painting a hoop. My fingers were covered in paint from trying to hold it so all of the edges would get covered. I've started watching Farscape again, mostly because I love Zhaan so much.
She's a great character. She's very intelligent and spiritual and becomes the healer for everyone, including the ship, Moya. Her species is evolved from plants. It would be so cool to dress up as her for a sci-fi convention...if I could get the paint just right. Of course, I'm not nearly as peaceful as she is so I would break character quite often when dealing with long lines or missing ladies' rooms. That's all for today. Have a lovely Monday!

1 comment:

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

neat little project you go going on there!