Thursday, September 25, 2014

Wrapped in Pink

I finished another Simplicity 7705 this summer. I love this pattern. I still have some adjustments to make so it fits better but I'm not sure exactly what it needs to be perfect. Anyone want to come help? :) anyway, I had a bit of a hard time getting a picture that both showed the color of the dress and didn't wash me out. This dress is really pink. I've had this fabric for a long time - Kerry is 15 and I've had it longer than I've had him! I tried to match it to a pattern many, many times but subconsciously I was waiting for this one I guess. I had just enough yardage for the dress and pieced together lengths to make the extra long tie belt (inspired by the Halston documentary on Netflix that I can't get enough of). What do you think?
I thought I was smiling...maybe only my brain was! I'm really happy with this dress. It will be a bright pop of color this winter when the world is snowy and dreary.

4 comments:

Curtise said...

Great colour, the dress looks absolutely wonderful on you! xxx

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

fabulous dress!

Shybiker said...

What a pretty dress! I admire your talent with a needle.

Jeannie said...

Oooo... I love pink! That dress is amazing and you look so great in it!