Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Embroidery Plans

A few weeks ago on Wendy Knits, the only pure knitting blog that I read, I entered a contest to win a Scandinavian embroidery book and won. Yay!

I'm so inspired by all of the projects...let me show you:

The book covers several different kinds of embroidery and has instructions for all of them plus patterns and tracing paper. I'm thinking about making this top out of some crinkle cotton and adding a design around the neck and maybe the sleeves. I keep looking at the amazing hoodie and have to remind myself that I haven't embroidered in a long time and should choose something a bit less intense. I could eventually make more than one. I have plenty of fabric and floss - the fabric is from a yard sale and the floss is from the auction. I just need to cut out my shirt and get sewing! Khloe has been watching a show called Pretty Little Liars on netflix. I know that it's a popular program, but I don't get it. The main characters are really quite slow-witted. Even Khloe comments on the stupid things that they do. Maybe the show is so popular because the cast is really attractive. Maybe, being an adult, I'm just not supposed to like it - I think the target audience is teens. Have you watched it? What do you think?

No comments: