Sunday, February 17, 2008

Perspective moment

Eric and I have worked together for a long time, and he's become very good friends with his coworkers. One of his friends found out that his wife has cancer again. She's been fighting it for several years now and has been through chemo twice. Eric said that she can't go through it again. I'm not sure if it's because of her history or if the insurance is just saying no. She's going to die. I feel so awful. She and I don't really know each other more than Eric's girlfriend and Mark's wife, but I really hurt for her. I want to do something but don't know what. I'm very open to suggestions. Make a gift? Send over dinner? My problems are so miniscule in comparison.

1 comment:

Sandy Dunbar said...

It would be very nice of you to take a meal for them. Call them a day ahead of time and let them know you are fixing them supper. Make a dessert, even rice krispy treats to take along.
Let me know if I can be of any help. I am a pretty good cook.