Monday, February 25, 2008

And now back to our regular broadcast








I'm making a comfor shawl for our friend. I'm really enjoying the pattern - knit three, purl three staggered stockinette. The pattern is in Knitting for Peace. I dug through my stash and found the yarn - Red Heart in a color called Ocean. (Why do I stash Red Heart? Good question. I have no answer.) It's very pretty. I think four skeins will be a good size. The picture is blurry. Maybe the finished shot will be better.






I have a sleeve done on my purple sweater. Yay! It's actually looking like I could wear it. It's also an enjoyable knit. I mean, how could you not love knitting in the round? Pop in a movie and go! It took me a couple of tries to get the sleeves right, though. I really like it. It will feel great to wear it.





I'm also working on a Weasley sweater, but I haven't gotten far on it. I should have cast it on in the round - it would have gone alot faster! I don't care much for the color of the yarn, but it's wool and therefore dyeable.



I've been on a book-buying spree lately. In the past three weeks or so I've gotten five new books and to on the way. I've also picked out tons of patterns on ravelry and various sites. No wonder I can't sleep - too many things to make! I'm constantly going through my stash in my head, picturing each yarn with the patterns I like ( it's alot of mental work - I have a huge stash) and deciding what order to do them all. I also have been wanting to send a RAK to Ms Pixie for months and make some things for charity. (Ms Pixie, if you read this, please let me know if you don't want a RAK!) I just don't have enough hours for everything that needs to be done and wants to be done. But anyway, the books have been great for the knowledge quest I've been on. I've calmed down on the yarn buying for a little while. I need to use up some of what I have!



I've been listening to alot of podcasts lately and really enjoy them. I've gotten lots of ideas and information. Podcasters, keep up the great work!



One final item. This is what happens when kids get ahold of the camera:

No comments: