Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Little Something

I've had something bothering me for a little while now - I just need to vent a bit. It is absolutely never appropriate to make fun of another person's interests. Teasing, taunting, whatever does nothing but kill self esteem. (Ask me how I know.) Yesterday Eric showed me a very upsetting video on youtube of a little girl crying hysterically and her mom, holding the camera, and her siblings teasing her and making it worse. Why the hell would a mother - or anyone - vidoetape that, let alone post it to the internet? I'm so upset with myself for watching it, but I'm more upset with a world that thinks it's acceptable. New interests should be encouraged, whether in a child or an adult. If everyone did the same things as everyone else all the time, well, use your imagination.
I'll let that be enough. You know what I'm saying and where I'm going - I need to get back to my creative mind and the anger was killing it. I'll be back in a day or two with a new project that I'm tickled with.

No comments: