Thursday, February 25, 2010

Percy!

I'm a bit slow with this post - days are getting away from me again. I took the kids to see Percy Jackson last week and we loved it. It's alot of fun. There was everything I love in a movie - adventure, a quest, eye candy, a good but not sappy ending...all in all a great time. No, it's not exactly like the book - but what "based on" movies are? I liked the changes - movie Grover is hilarious, the Pearls of Persephone made for a really fun way to get to Hades and add some action, and Persephone herself was cool and sassy. I imagine the missing characters will come up in future movies - assuming the rest of the books are made into movies. I want to see it again but the chances of that happening are slim - I'd have to go tonight and I have knitting tonight. I doubt there would be time to knit, feed people, and get to the theater without running into myself. I do know, however, that I will be getting the dvd and watching it many, many times.

No comments: