Sunday, January 20, 2008

made a sock!








Check it out! It's my first sock. Jenny told me how to get started and gave me links to all the info I'd need. It's just a basic, 64 stitch stockinette sock, but I'm so happy. I love socks. I wear them all year - doubled when it's cold out. The colors are brighter in person, but it's hard to get a good picture of your own leg. The yarn is Regia Jacquard. I don't know the color name.



Speaking of jacquard, I ordered a jacquard acid dye set from Knit Picks and some yarn and Jenny and I had a little dying party. It's alot of fun. She made some Gryffindor red and yellow. I used black, blue, and dark red. It turned out great. I think I'll make a pair of Bellatrix socks with it.


My sweater is coming along well. I'm working on the ribbing along the bottom right now. I wanted to try it on this morning, so I took off one needle to attach more lengths of cable and the needle end fell down the crack in the couch. I think my heart stopped for a second or two. Then came the fun of crawling around on the floor with a flashlight trying to find it. There's alot of crap under the couch. I found my needle, though - happy ending.

It's so cold out again. This weather is too much - warm cold warm cold. It's so hard to get the kids ready in the morning. I'm easy - always cold anyway, hence the love of socks!

1 comment:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Sweet socks! The raglan is also looking great! :)