Monday, May 22, 2017

On To The Future

Saturday was a big day for us. Kerry graduated from high school. It was quite a journey - he had a lot of behavior issues and attitude problems which got him moved to a special school for such kids. Then he moved to his dad's house and they moved again - four schools in four years. He talked about quitting a couple of times but must have had some sort of awakening and got his act together. I'm so proud of him. He even got certified as a lifeguard the previous weekend and is going to work at a public pool this summer. I finally got a picture of us together, but their dad is very tall so the angle is weird.

And I'm standing on my toes! My kids did not get their height from me. Now Kerry is planning to go on to be a teacher, of all things. Now if only I could influence his taste in music...

3 comments:

Vix said...

What a fab photo! Well done to your boy and congratulations on raising two wonderful children.
You look fabulous! I have the same trouble, Jon towers over me and always makes me look stumpy in photos.

Goody said...

Congratulations to your son on such a great accomplishment. That's a great photo of you standing on your toes with your kids! Hard to believe you once carried them in the crook of your arm, isn't it?

I'm surrounded by giants as well-makes photography challenging.

Kezzie said...

Well done to Kerry! He's a very tall lad!