Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break!

We've been off this week, me and the kids, and we're having a good time together. The weather has been nice, so they've been outside alot with friends. I have learned something about myself - when offered a choice between cleaning the house up to look presentable or plopping my butt on the couch, the butt always wins. Don't get me wrong, though. We've done some cleaning up and I've shifted the furniture in the living room, but, well, you know what they say about good intentions. I hope I can be motivated enough tomorrow to get Khloe's room picked up a bit - it's a disaster. Tomorrow night she and I are going to see High School Musical on Ice. She is so excited. I admit - it will be interesting. I'm sure it will be as full of kids as the Cheetah Girls concert that we went too - probably the same kids, now that I think about it. I'm glad that there are things for her to watch that are clean and appropriate. She doesn't need to watch violence or other adult things.
I picked up the current knitscene today and found several things to make, especially the Phiaro Scarf. I don't have the yarn called for but there's a good sub in the stash, I'm sure. Check it out - it's very cool. Speaking of stash, I discovered a great way of storing mine. I picked up a vinyl car organizer - the kind to put grocery bags in to keep them from spilling in the trunk. It's divided in half, so I put sock yarns in one side and worsted in the other. It fits nicely between my bed and nightstand (yes, I sleep by my yarn) and holds alot. Of course, I now know what yarns were hiding in the bottom of the giant bag it was in before. It's like a big surprise. I have some great Egyptian cotton - enough for a couple of afghans or three sweaters.
I picked up the new Vogue Knitting, too. It has some really pretty things in it - one is a little sweater that looks so good on the toned model but would look so bad on squishy me. It's really cute, though. Maybe if I do pilates for a year or so it would look nice.
Back to work next week. Three more days of sleeping in. Oh, well. I'd best enjoy it.

No comments: